Friday, March 4, 2011

Going back to October

Well, my last post was in Dec 2010 so I think I will go backwards even further - just so I can share this photo. Both of my knees had been hurting and giving me grief for quite some time (for years) so I went to see the doctor the end of Aug. My orthopedic surgeon (Dr. Huntsman) took some exrays, prescribed anti-inflammatorys and gave me a cortisone shot in each knee. A month later I returned with no improvement. So, an MRI on each knee showed that I had meniscus tears in both knees. I elected to have BOTH knees operated on at the same time on Oct 20th! So, my sweet sister, Brenda, came to help take care of me for 3 days. She was like an angel from heaven! She showed up in this outfit and was using a funny accent - I can't remember what it sounded like (cause I was on drugs) but it was pretty funny! Don't look at my big bum sticking out from under the covers! I said DON'T look! Now you will be blinded for life! I am recovered and trying to get in shape. Knees are about as good as they are going to get. I also found out that I will probably need a knee replacement - left knee in 5-7 years and right knee in 7-10 years. I am hoping to get 10 years out of both of them. I bought a rucumbent stationary bike and I love it. So does Dave, he rides it most mornings before work. Speaking of Dave- he took such good care of me after Brenda left - I would never have survived without both of them xoxox

3 comments:

* Dan & Ashley * said...

I LOVE the picture!! that is the best. I now know why I am not allowed to call when you guys are on a sisters retreat!! ;)

Dixie Wise said...

Hey Mom! I am so glad you posted! Keep them coming!!! I am glad your knees are feeling better now... so sweet job hurting your tendon in your ankle!

mom said...

This picture ALMOST has me wishing for nursing care of my own.
Shirley