Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall is Falling!

I truely love this time of year! I love the feel in the air, the beautiful colors and the lower temperatures, and it just seems peaceful somehow. I have been doing the same 'ol things; working, cooking and cleaning house, and trying to exercise every day. I want to get a few projects completed. The biggest one weighing on me is trying to get all of my old photos organized. I have decided to just scrap book the camping and maybe the Christmas ones. The rest will go in to photo albums (anyway that is my plan) So far I have retrieved the boxes from the closet, put them on the dinning room table for a couple of days, then moved them to the desk in the family room. I know, I know! I am making great progress huh!
My nephew, Mike Ryan got married on Sept. 19th at the Rexburg temple. I helped my sister with the luncheon afterwards for about 80 people. The reception was that night and they held an Open House for the couple on Sept 26th here in Idaho Falls. I spent most of Friday helping to set up and decorate the church gym, and set out the refreshments, along with all of my sisters. It was fun to do "Wedding Stuff" again. It is such a fun and happy time, it was great to be involved and to help Ida. She is always so willing to help all of our families with anything we ever need.
Saturday, Sept 27, Gina decided to surprise Tom. They went out to dinner and to a movie then the surprise... she made reseravations at a hotel for the night. Dave and I had Jace and Emery over night! We took them to church this morning at 9:00 but only made it through Sacrament meeting before the natives started getting restless and we came home. Gina and Tom met us at our house, and took the kids home. Now, after a 2 and 1/2 hour nap, I think I am back to normal. It is almost 6:00 and we are going to have possibly the last BBQ of the summer. Hamburgers, corn on the cob, & green salad . For dessert I am having lemon cake with a warm lemon sauce over it. Soo, I had better get going!! Love to all my family and friends!! (Melissa - it was good to see you, you inspired me to post my ramblings again)

4 comments:

Dixie Wise said...

I love it too! And dinner was fabulous! I love my family.

gina said...

Thank you again for watching my kids. We had a blast!

Melissa said...

Yippee. Aunt Colleen has posted again. She is back. =) I loved reading this post. It was perfect! It was like I was there. I could picture the little ones with you and Dave (especially because I saw you all the night before) but I could even picture your sweet family getting together for the bbq in your lovely home. (It was great to see you also at the reception.)Keep posting!

Trish the Dish said...

I know I'm late commenting on this one, but I'm trying to catch up! Sounds like a yummy BBQ - the lemon cake makes my mouth water!