Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sleeping Beauty (No not Me, silly)

Yahooo! I have added Sleeping Beauty to my grandma's videos collection. It was just released today. I am so anxious to have the grandkids over so they can watch it as soon as possible. (I think I am more anxious to watch it myself!!) These Disney movies bring back memories of when my kids were little. I remember that we had an audio cassette tape and story book combo for a bunch of stories like Sleeping Beauty. (Hey, Dixie, Kelly and Gina - do you remember them? And the black tape player that was just for you guys)
We are all well and doing great. This Sat. is Harvest Fest, (hoping and praying we DON'T have snow or rain) then next weekend we are going to Salt Lake for David Keaton Albiston's blessing.
I have not given up on the bread making. I bought a new breadmaker (Sunbeam) it has made a couple of good loafs. I am still tweeking the recipes. I did have some success with white rolls this last Sunday, made with my KitchenAid and baked in the oven - I'm getting there. Bread making is so tricky - there are so many little variations that can make a bread loaf or a brick loaf. Dave has so much patience, he eats the bread no matter what it looks like or how heavy it is. But I did notice that he poured on the peach jam! Yes, I did make some Peach jam and Pear butter. They both turned out great and it is a good thing they did because you need something slippery to get the brick bread to go down. Love to all!

7 comments:

gina said...

Your rolls were great on Sunday!

Melissa said...

That sounds like fun. Wish I was one of your grandkids. And I wish I lived closer so you could teach me how to make bread.

lacey said...

I thought I was just a crappy bread maker! It's good to know that maybe I'm just getting a step wrong, and not that I'm a horrible cook :) Sleeping Beauty is my very most favorite Disney movie, ENJOY!

Trish the Dish said...

I'm a big fan of this one too! I need to start collecting these cartoons, but I think Livi's still a little young. We bought Bambi thinking she'd love it, but we decided it was the mean dogs and the fighting deer that were giving the poor thing nightmares. Since we've skipped over the scary parts she sleeps much better. we'll just stick with Dora and Hello Kitty for now. :)

Trish the Dish said...

Oh - and I would LOVE to have you teach me how to make peach jam and pear butter. Things like that make me wish we lived closer to you!

Dixie Wise said...

I do remember those tapes/books, and that black tape recorder... if you ever see any, GREAT gift ideas for my kids. I remember the Wizard of Oz and The Rescuers the most vividly. I loved those things. Your jam is to die for! I love love love everything you make! Any baby, have you got the rolls down, haleluja!

Melissa said...

Where's the recipe for the rolls? Some little birdie said you were going to post it on your blog. So, um I'm a waiting!=)