Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello, Yes I am still alive!!

Hello, to everyone! I am still alive and kicking. I have not posted for such a long time, I have almost forgotten how to do it. (Can anyone tell me when you use "into" and "in to" ) What is the difference?)
The Holidays have come and gone, the New Year is well into swing and I have settled in to 2009. I am hoping to make 2009 the year for getting healthy. I have scheduled several preventative medical tests, watching what I eat and I am striving to exercise at least 4 -5 days a week. So far so good! I have not lost weight but I am feeling better. I also found out (as suspected) that I have a very bad disk that is causing pain in my lower back. Not sure yet what I want to do to take care of it. I guess I am still looking for a magic cure, cause I don't want surgery.
Back to exersice... I think it is interesting that just buying a couple new outfits for working out can make all the difference in wanting to work out. I had been wearing old stretch pants and Dave's old shirts. I happened to be in Wal-Mart (west side) and they have a ton of Danskin pants, capris, tanks and jackets for $9 - $11 dollars each. I even found a couple of things on clearance for $3.50. Yipee I love a sale, don't you!! No I am not going to post a picture of myself in one of my new outfits - gross! What is one of your favorite things you have found on sale???
Love to all - Mamma Mia

7 comments:

Dixie Wise said...

Good job on your goals! I always wish I would shop after holiday sales and buy all my stuff then. I cringe when I see something for 75% off a week after I bought it!

Dixie Wise said...

And when you figure out the "into" thing, let me know!!!

Colleen said...

I can't figure out the "in to" or "into" thing, that is why I am counting on someboy who reads my blog to help me out. Hint Hint...

gina said...

I'm going to start working out again. Really. 30 pounds need to come off before I get pregnant again!

into and into? Here's two examples.
He walked into the room. (Which direction was he going? Into the room.)
We broke in to the room. (What did you break in to? The room.)

Kelly said...

Into describes movement or motion. "Put this into the box" or "Put Jace into bed" or "Put that food into my mouth" Whereas, "in" is a position. "I am in the kitchen" Gina's example is tricky cause "break" is slang. I would probably actually write "into" there cause it is a movement into the room. Sorry, Gigi. "I am into something" is slang as well. In to is mainly used in an "in order to" sense. "I came in to talk to you" "Tune in to see what happens"
Hope that helps. Disclosure - I could be wrong.

Colleen said...

AAHHAA!! Thank you Kelly, that totally makes sense now. Now, if I can just remember them!!

Trish the Dish said...

Good for you! They all sound like good goals. I need to think of some for myself!